My oh my, where does the time go? Baby Cayman is getting bigger by the minute and will be 5 months old this week. How did my little peanut get so big?
Here are a few things our little guy has been up to lately:
- Rolling from tummy to back and back to tummy – he did both in the same week.
- Weighs 14 ½ lbs. and is 26” Long (Long and Lean)
- Nicknames – Buddy and Bubby, however I’ve noticed that almost everyone else other than Mommy and Daddy call him Baby Cayman as if there were an adult version to confuse him with.
- Laughs with abandon – Daddy gets the biggest laughs out of him when he makes him dance to MC Hammer’s – Hammertime…Yeah, we’re cool like that.
- He looks just like his Daddy – but especially when he smiles and laughs. If he grows up as handsome as his Daddy, he’ll be one lucky boy. If he grows up to be as kind and loving as him, he’ll have everything.
- Eye Color – They look to be lightening up a bit and settling at green like Daddy.
- NOT SLEEPING – I think my baby is a robot. After not sleeping for hours, sometimes he closes his eyes for 10 minutes and pops them back open as if he just slept through the night.
- Turns out he was on the nice list and Santa/Grammie got him an exersaucer. This means Ralph and I can eat dinner at the same time. That is, if we are not too tired or out of time to make something. And yes, our house is beginning to look a lot like a daycare with all the baby gear. Anyway, thank you Santa!
- Standing up – He has been doing this since he was 8 weeks old. This boy likes to stand.
- Likes to nap in Mommy’s arms – And before the mommy-shaming begins, read this post http://www.babyrabies.com/2014/01/i-dont-remember/ . I’m holding on whether you like it or not.
What I’m looking forward to…
- Nothing. Even though we are in the middle of the 4-5 month sleep regression, I don’t want to wish this time away. In many ways, I feel like I completely missed his newborn stage because of colic, reflux, cow’s milk allergies and struggles nursing. This is a magical time. After all, he is now mostly happy, over the gas, smiling, giggling, nursing like a champ AND NOT GOING ANYWHERE WITHOUT MY HELP. Let’s keep it that way for a while.
Up for a Valentine’s Box Swap? Today 1/30/14 is the last day to sign up. Just head on over to The Domestic Princess In Training Blog to get all the details. I’m signing up!
If you are as fascinated with Baby Cayman as we are, follow us on Instagram.