Can someone say NESTING? Holy mackerel! I’ve never been so compelled to clean, organize and declutter every single crevice of my house before. I understand the nesting bug doesn’t hit everyone, but it sure didn’t skip me. We have gone through every closet, drawer and box we own. Even our garage got a make-over and it feels great! Ralph has been such a trooper doing all the heavy lifting of my compulsive weekend projects and mostly insisted I put my cankles up and give him the instructions, even when he thought a task was totally over-kill.
I did put him in charge of finding the baby monitor, and what did we end up with? An audio home security camera system with night vision that we can pan across the room from any phone, computer or ipad we own. For those of you that know Ralph, I’m sure you’re not surprised.
As far as the rest of the nursery goes, that will be in my next post.
Here’s the scoop on being 35 weeks pregnant…
- Total Weight Gain? Still not telling!
- Baby? Last scan he was measuring 2 weeks ahead. If he is still keeping that pace, he would weigh 6.9 lbs.
- Maternity Clothes? Living even more in maxi dresses and 90% of my non-maternity clothes no longer fit.
- Temperature at Home? 72 degrees. Ralph is about to get out his flannel pajamas.
- Stretch Marks? Nope, but I know that can sneak up on me in the last couple weeks. I’m bracing myself.
- Sleep? Insomnia has officially set in. I’m in full preparation mode for becoming a Mombie.
Suburban Dictionary Definition for Mombie; a new mother who suffers for lack of sleep and lives in a half-dead state or zombiemode.
- Best part of my Third Trimester? I have two!
1. Getting our 3D ultra sound seeing this adorable little face…
2. My baby shower and celebrating my new little man. I received so many wonderful gifts and I’m especially in love with all the handmade items made especially for baby Cayman.
Movement? I can tell he is getting squished and curled up in there. When he moves around now, I can usually see a foot or fist moving across my belly. I can also feel him when he gets the hiccups, 2 or 3 times a day. Apparently this is part of his development. Who knew?
Food Cravings? Pizza, Spicy Mexican and Popsicles
How big is my bump now?
- Belly Button? It’s in and I’m pretty sure it’s staying in.
- Wedding ring on or off? On again for now, but some days my hands are too swollen when I wake up….and the cankles are back with a vengeance.
- Symptoms? General aches and pains that Ralph spends a lot of time massaging away. Daily lavender Epson salt baths do wonders too! I really make an effort not to complain too much. I’ve waited my whole life for this and it will be my one and only pregnancy. I don’t want to wish any of it away.
- Looking forward to? Hard Labor…..no, no, no. Looking forward to holding my baby boy and watching Ralph become a wonderful Daddy.