Millions of Americans oppose SOPA and PIPA because these bills would censor the Internet and slow economic growth in the U.S.
Two bills before Congress, known as the Protect IP Act (PIPA) in the Senate and the Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) in the House, would censor the Web and impose harmful regulations on American business. Millions of Internet users and entrepreneurs already oppose SOPA and PIPA.
The Senate will begin voting on January 24th. Please let them know how you feel. Sign this petition urging Congress to vote NO on PIPA and SOPA before it is too late.
- SOPA / PIPA Blackout (secondmode.wordpress.com)
- [Internet] NO to SOPA and PIPA (geeky-guide.com)
- Wikipedia, WordPress & 1,500+ Sites to Blackout Tomorrow in Protest: SOPA/PIPA (hudsonhorizons.com)
- The White House Will Not Support Controversial Internet Piracy Bills SOPA or PIPA (perezhilton.com)
- SOPA Opera: White House Shuts Down Proposed Online Anti-Piracy Bill (scientificamerican.com)